Dear G1D Families:
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and this day of showing our “love” to one-another also marks the beginning of the Glut1 Deficiency Foundation’s annual fundraiser – Love Some1 with Glut1!
Do you wish for…
- Improved treatments and a cure for your loved one with Glut1 Deficiency?
- Better support for you and your loved one living with Glut1 Deficiency?
- More awareness and understanding in the medical and general community about G1D?
The Glut1 Deficiency Foundation is working toward those goals EVERY day! But it takes financial resources and we can only continue with your help. Participation is simple and only takes a small amount of your time, but the results are ever-lasting.
The Love Some1 with Glut1 Campaign is short and only runs from Valentine’s Day, February 14 to Rare Disease Day, February 28. This is the only Foundation-wide fundraiser that we can all be involved in, and all donations help the G1DF in its mission of education, awareness, advocacy, and funding researchers.
Participation in this fundraiser is very easy and getting started only takes a few minutes!
- Go to this link to create a personal fundraising page. Then, Click the Signup page and “Click here to join!” in the middle of the page.
- Add a story of your personal journey (the template already includes a paragraph to get you started)
- Upload a picture or video (optional)
- Beginning February 14th, SPREAD the word about your page!
-email your personalized page link to all your contacts
-attach the link on your Facebook page or twitter account
-US Postal mail your page (optional)
- Or get creative and conduct your special fundraiser, and use your personal web-site as an easy way to collect and track your donations.
That’s it! Your heartfelt message will inspire your family and friends to help make a difference in your loved one’s life. By sharing your personal story, you will also help spread awareness and educate others about G1D.
** Note ** We are working on a video of all the wonderful pictures submitted by families that will be added to the template (and your page too) before launch.
The Glut1 Deficiency Foundation is a volunteer 501(c)3 and therefore 100% of the money raised through this fundraiser goes directly toward projects most important to those affected by G1D.
Much has been learned about G1D, but with each answer comes new questions. There is still much work to be done. Please sign up TODAY and show you Love Some1 with Glut1! If you have any questions or need help, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
G1DF Fundraising Committee
April Breen, Jennifer Lazar, Pat Hemlock