our annual signature fundraising and awareness event
Love Some1 with Glut1 2023 Campaign
Love Some1 with Glut1 is the signature awareness building and fundraising event for the Glut1 Deficiency Foundation, running from Valentine's Day through Rare Disease Day (February 14-28) each year.
It is an important opportunity to educate others and raise essential funds to help better serve the needs of our patient community through our mission programs for increased awareness, improved education, advocacy for patients and families, and support and funding for research.
We hope you'll join us in honoring and working for this community we love so much to help give them the support they need and the brighter future they deserve. Participating is easy, and the impact, when we come together, is big.
In addition to our regular activities and programs, we are working on some big and important goals for this year that you can help make possible, and take a look at our 2022 Year in Review video and our 2022 Annual Report to see how donations from the last Love Some1 with Glut1 were invested in our work and made an impact in the community.
2023 impact goals
- partner with the International Neurological Ketogenic Society (INKS) to host the 8th Global Symposium on Ketogenic Therapies
- launch a regional conference program to bring opportunities to meet, share, and learn to more people in more places
- expand our Glut1 Gatherings to provide more virtual opportunities for the community to come together to learn, to ask and answer questions, and to give and receive support
- grow our collaborative research network to engage new scientists with new ideas
- expand our Research Roundtable program
- recruit for and support our natural history study to better understand life-long patient experiences
- expand our educational exhibits to reach new audiences of medical professionals
- build new partnerships across the global patient community
- fund projects, connect researchers, and create tools for our newly developed patient-led Research Compass (over $1 million in research grants to date!)
Please take part in the campaign to help us reach our goal of raising $200,000 to continue our work to bring help and hope to everyone, everywhere, who is affected by Glut1.
Text to donate!
Text LOVESOME1 to 44-321
Mail a check!
Glut1 Deficiency Foundation | PO Box 737 | Owingsville, KY 40360
If you are a fundraiser and receive checks in addition to online donations to page, just send them to us at the address above, include your name, and we'll add them to your fundraising page!